Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 75: Tongxiao to Hsinpu, March 2014

Below highway 61

 Well, I got off the a slow start this day.  First I just walked around town a bit and checked out the fishery harbor. It was nice as usual, but nothing special.

However, I noticed some thuggish looking guys, the young and stupid type. They were big puffy guys jammed into a compact 1990's rust bucket, who were leaking betel nut from every orifice, and had doltish and violent expressions. They guffawed at me and followed me a bit, but the port area was teeming with Coast Guards so I was in no real danger.


Tonxiao Fish Harbor


Tongxiao Power Plant to the south

Spit going west, out to sea

A dirty beach going north

Train station, the center of a small town
 I checked out the town a bit. It was mildly charming, but nothing too special.


Then I made my way to Hsinpu, which was another old seaside community a few km up the coast.

Near the beach in Hsinpu
Looking south to Tongxiao


Man is not the only tool user!


Food stalls outside Cioumaoyuan Theme Park
 The Cioumaoyuan Theme Park was a welcome and unexpected find. There were loads of odd and amusing statues.



Checking out big brother's junk!

Woah! TMI!





After the theme park, I checked out the very traditional little village of Hsinpu, with its quaint old railway station. I took the train back to Tongxiao to spend the night.

Hokey dokey little village building


Charming little old train station

No comments:

Post a Comment