Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 74: From Dajia to Tongxiao, Miaoli. (March 2014)

Dajia Matsu Temple
 This was yet another day of stomp stomp stomp, except that it got nicer and nicer - both in terms of the weather and also the scenery - as the day progressed.

This Matsu temple is considered to be the holiest in Taiwan, with massive celebrations every year.

Early morning worshipers


The divine lady

Temple art


Morning in Dajia
 Soon, I was out of the small town on onto the road. The coastline was crossed by endless rivers with no bridge for walkers, so I had to stay inland.

Rural roadside

Taro ahoy!



Selling with a smile!

Flower field temple
When I got into Miaoli, things became greener and more rural. Then, I came across a fascinating temple by the side of the road.
Tusker






Quite light on his feet

Nice eyebrows, dude!

Hmmmm ....


Monkey King on lookout

Everything tastes better with tofu bacon!




Into Tongxiao, Miaoli

Tongxiao Train Station
Soon I was in tiny but scenic little Tongxiao. I found a cheap hotel, in fact so cheap that the wall between my bathroom and the next room's sleeping area was incomplete. I could actually hear people talking see some light from their room shining over the top of the wall! Well, better that then being too close to their bathroom!
After noodles, soup and the obligatory beer, I went to sleep. Tomorrow would be another day on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment