Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 72: From Taizhong Passenger Harbor (Wuqi) to Taizhong Fish Harbor

Grassy overflow
 This was a fairly blah day of stomping about. I found it all but impossible to get public transport to the exact spot where I had finished last time. (In fact, I had found it impossible to get public transport from where I had finished last time, and had had to walk for hours before finally calling a taxi from a 7-11.) But I got a bus to Taizhong Harbor in Wuqi, a few km down the road. I made sure I backtracked to cover much of the missed difference.

Taizhong Harbor - International Passengers
 There was a lot of boring stuff in the area, like big warehouses and vacant lots, but the day was sunny and neither too warm nor cold. There were a few things worthy of photographing.

Canal to the port

Fishin'


Old style factory

Buddhist pagoda

Self-evident

Seafood restaurant decoration


Duty free shops

???





Park with monument near the fishing harbor

Taizhong Fishing Harbor
 And so, into the fishing harbor. It was the usual touristy place, with loads of families and couples. Cheap food aplenty, but great views of boats and the sea as well.







Beyond the sea wall on the northern side of the harbor


Silos near the harbor. The working harbor was very close to the touristy one.




After having a snack at the harbor, I couldn't find a functioning bus stop, not any taxis, so I decided to walk back toward where I had come in. Two hours of stomping in the dark and I caught a bus, the same number as the one that I had come in on. Crammed in with a zillion cheery university students, I made my way back to central Taizhong, and thence to the high speed rail back to Taipei. But not - of course! without grabbing a few cold ones at the HSR 7-11. Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment