Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 73: From Taizhong Fishing Harbor to Dajia (March 2014)

Back at the fishy place
 Back in Taizhong for a bit of a walk. It was a slow start, as I was quite hung over from carousing at PJ's Pub the night before with my friend Paul. But I made it to the coast in the end. The weather was very nice, except for the wind: it was a fierce, gusting, nagging wind that kept at it for most of the day. In fall, winter and early spring, the wind whips down the Taiwan Strait, dragging at the coastline. As I was walking north, it was almost equivalent to walking uphill.
 
Harbor control building
 Just behind the fishing harbor was a lot of land that was not being used very much. There were however lots of giant wind turbines taking advantage of the seasonal gusts.
Big wide road straight into the wind

Sand catching barriers behind fence bars

Another alluring siren of the road

A fierce wind whipped up the waves


The turbines were going like hell



The nets added a splash of color

Looming shadow of a turbine

Blocks of industry
 After an hour or so along the sea, I took  a road to a bridge that would get me across to Dajia. It was a boring section, so I have included no pictures of it.
Back to the main road bridge


Colorful graffiti

Into Dajia
Finally I stomped into Dajia with weary feet, and found a cheap hotel and a large meal. But not before I availed myself of a few beers, of course! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment