Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 43: Kending to Nanwan

Morning waves on the coral beach east of Xiaowan

I was up at the crack of 10 the next morning. Outside, I could see the last remnants of rainfall falling from the sky onto the shiny streets. I got packed, and went to have some brekkie. Then, I went to the area just east of Xiaowan Beach, and took a cattle track to the coral coast.

A good way to keep firewood dry

Xiaowan beach


Dawan beach

Then, I checked out Dawan Beach, which in times past was closed to the non-paying public. There were lovely big waves sweeping in. I went back to the main road, as I couldn’t continue along the beach because the part directly in front of the Chateau Hotel is still private. I went back to the road and the journey west.

Sharp Peak rises above the town of Kending

One of the sites for the movie Cape No. 7


It soon got hot, and although the seacoast was lovely, I sweated like a pig in a sauna. After a few hours, I stumbled into Nanwan. The beach was hopping with parents and their kids on summer vacation! I took a shady break under a fruit tree, although buzzed by flies gorging on rotting fallen fruit. Then I took a bus back home.





No comments:

Post a Comment